Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Apple Crumble

Life has been bustling with activities. Activities that strain every single balance energy that I had left at this age (hellloooo..I'm not talking about old age here, ok. People said life begins at 40..well I just passed through in March..I'm just like a new born baby..so tender and fragile for all this adrenaline pumping situations ;P).

First, daughter was admitted. 2 nights were spend sleeping on the sofa. Not sleeping really..but monitoring my daughter's condition. Then, mother in law follows suit. We have been like rushing after work straight home, pick up our girls, then rush to the hospital. At the hospital, it was like a reunion of sorts with family members from abroad and relatives we have not met for years flocking by daily. Until the security had to chased us out...every night! My mother in law is still in hospital. Thank God the surgery was a success.

Just after that was over, my youngest daughter was down with cough and flu. Then my son called up from hostel telling he's having fever. What a fever that was. He was immediately given a jab at the clinic. The fever was high and he had rashes all over his face. The next day his face and hand swells. Allergic to the antibiotics. What a month April is.

I'm closing the month with a sweet note. At least there is a sweet memory to look back to for April...lol

I've neither taste nor make Apple Crumbles before so I'm not sure if mine is a thumbs up or down. Anyway, I've copied this recipe from somewhere, which I can't remember where, so to the owner of this recipe, thank you and sorry cos I'm not able to give you credit.

The recipe calls for canned peaches actually but with the abundant apples in my fridge, courtesy of a fruit basket that my MIL got from her visitor, I've decided to used them up instead.

(1) Ingredients for Peach ( I used apple) Cup Crumbs cups

1 cup all purpose flour

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/6 cup (half of 1/3 cup) UHT milk

(2) Ingredients for fillings

3 green apples

4 tbsp brown sugar

3 tsp all purpose flour

1 tsp cinnamon powdersprinkle of nutmeg

(3) Ingredients for top crumbs

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp all purpose flour

2 tbsp butter - semi-cold

1 tsp cinnamon powder

Mix (1) in a bowl with a fork. Flatten dough with a rolling pin and cut with a circle cutter. Place it in the muffin baking tray. Mix (2) and fill each cup. Mix (3) in a bowl with a fork and sprinkle on top of each cup. Bake at 200'C for 35-40 minutes.

No comments: