Monday, March 17, 2008

Daging Nasi Kandar

My mum got this recipe from her friend and she said this is how Mamak cooks their beef for Nasi Kandar. I improvised a bit here and there. It pairs along very well with fish curry and does have that Nasi Kandar effects..hihi

I've tried with chicken too but beef is the best. Last weekend did it again and packed some for my son to take back to Penang. My sis text 4 hrs later.."Daging macam Rest Kayu"..lol

500gm beef/mutton

3 tbs ginger paste

1 tbs garlic paste

2 onions - slice

750ml water

175ml sweet soy sauce

2 tbs oyster sauce

2 tsp cumin powder

2 tsp soup powder

4 tsp coriander powder

2 tsp tumeric powder

1 tbs meat curry powder

1 tbs kurma powder

5 tbs chilli paste

6 tbs oil

1 small tomato - quartet

curry leaves

Mix all ingredients in pot and boil till meat is tender, gravy thickens and oil emerge on surface.

2 comments:

Maya Yunos said...

This is E 1st time, I came across a recipe tht uses kurma poawder, curry powder & spicy soup powder all at E same time! Interesting indeed. Shall give it a try 1 of these days. Thanks 4 sharing :)

Anonymous said...

maya, n the best part is u just need to dump all that in 1 go..