Monday, February 25, 2008

Minced Beef Curry

Being a working mum, weekdays are always a mad rush to get dinner served timely on the table. So, I only get to try out new or complicated recipes on weekends where I have more time to prepare at my own pace and take my own sweet time. I will also have time to make an alternative dish in case I encounter a disaster.

That was what happened on Saturday. I had wanted to try out a tosai recipe. Got the mix ready and as for the accompaniment, I was lazy to refer to any resources so I got my creative mind worked. I whipped up a thick gravy of minced beef which comes across like kheema and surprisingly, turns out to be quite good.

Back to the tosai, it was not destined to partner up with the gravy. It got all sticky and gooey that it ended up in the drain. Yup, the whole bowl of mix. So, what comes to the rescue? Instant Roti Paratha. Yeay! Way to go to all things instant.

Do you really think I would be kneading and tossing at the last minute after all the so called own pace and sweet time? Gotcha there! LOL

Cheat aside, here's the Minced Beef Curry recipe. Try it. It should go along very well with Capati too.

Ingredients A

1 cup minced beef

1 medium potato - diced

1 small tomato - diced

1/2 carrot - diced

1 onion - diced

Ingredients B

1 tbs ginger paste

1 tbs garlic paste

2 tbs cumin powder

2 tbs garam masala

1 tbs coriander powder

1 tbs kurma powder

2 tbs meat curry powder

1 cup water

2 tbs ghee

4 tbs oil

1 cup water

curry leaves

salt to taste

Heat up oil. Fry curry leaves and A till oil splatters. Add in B and salt. When gravy thickens, pour in 1 cup of water. Let it boil. Ready to serve.

No comments: